Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's Coming on Christmas...







I love Joni Mitchell and this song, though I find it very sad, always reminds me of Christmas at home-- no snow, only rain and evergreens!

River
Joni Mitchell

It's coming on Christmas They're cutting down trees They're putting up reindeer And singing songs of joy and peace Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on But it don't snow here It stays pretty green I'm going to make a lot of money Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene I wish I had a river I could skate away on I wish I had a river so long I would teach my feet to fly Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I made my baby cry He tried hard to help me You know, he put me at ease And he loved me so naughty Made me weak in the knees Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I'm so hard to handle I'm selfish and I'm sad Now I've gone and lost the best baby That I ever had Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on I wish I had a river so long I would teach my feet to fly Oh I wish I had a river I made my baby say goodbye It's coming on Christmas They're cutting down trees They're putting up reindeer And singing songs of joy and peace I wish I had a river I could skate away on

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hi Christine! Thanks so much for linking to me! You made my day! I'm going to reciprocate as soon as I finish this comment.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Nice post. I love Joni Mitchell and that song is really cool. But I also love rain and evergreens! When I go winter hiking, seeing an evergreen is wonderful. I immediately reach for my camera.

Tulip said...

Oh Dan--I know what you mean-- it is beautiful country, but I'll never live on that side of Washington ever again! It rains 300 days (at least) out of the year. Too Blue--even for Joni I'll bet! But, if you'd like some trip tips on where you can REALLY enjoy that rain you love, let me know. I know just the moss covered hamlet for you!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you and yours have an awesome New Year!

Invitation! If you are a dreamer, come in, If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer... If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in ! Come in! ~Shel Silverstein