Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My First Time

Ok. So this is my first time. I mean blogging of course. This is however, a first among many firsts for me. As well as beginning a new "blogging" journey, I also began a new chapter in my life this year called Divorce. Yes the unavoidable divorce monster reared its ugly head at the beginning of this year. Low and behold, I am again single after 8 years of marriage.



"But that's not all folks!" Another first for me: long distance dating. YIKES! I've been dating a man from Idaho for the past 8 month; I live in Washington. What was I thinking!!!?? Well it's too late now, I'm hooked. And though I can't believe I'm doing it, I am moving to Idaho to, among other things, see if it's really something of substance or not. Ahhh, the power of love.
I was going to say I don't recommend long distance dating, but it wouldn't really be true. I've found that it's actually worked out well by forcing us to slow things down. But 8 months is a long time for long distance dating, and I am looking forward to the luxury of the midnight "booty" call! A 4 hour drive makes that pretty much impossible.

Another first- he has a 7 year old daughter from his first marriage. I have no children of my own. Though I know she is an absolute sweetheart (at least what I know of her anyways-which isn't alot since Tim & I have worked very hard to not incorporate her into our "mix" yet.) She and Tim both come to me with alot of the typical divorce baggage.
With all these firsts, I thought I'd finally jump on the bandwagon and try my hand at blogging. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Invitation! If you are a dreamer, come in, If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer... If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in ! Come in! ~Shel Silverstein