Friday, January 5, 2007

To Live



After I put up my last post I got to thinking about that fact that for me, 2007 is about taking chances and living a little. I pulled this off my "Manager's Motivational Moment" shelf and dusted it off:

To Live
Author Unknown
There once was a very
cautious man,
Who never laughed or cried,

He never cared, he never dared,

He never dreamed or tried.

And when on day he
passed away,

His insurance was denied.

For since he never really lived,
They claimed he never died.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great poem. I think taking a positive outlook is important early on in the year. Now if I could only get myself to do that ...

Attila the Mom said...

That's a great one!

Invitation! If you are a dreamer, come in, If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer... If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in ! Come in! ~Shel Silverstein