Friday, January 5, 2007

Weeeeeee!!!!


Off to Boise again this weekend. And, of course, the weather is not cooperating. I'll be passing through 2 nasty passes on my (hopefully) 4 hour journey. The first, Cabbage Hill or otherwise known as Deadman's Pass ( remember that Journey video with the bus?) had 8" of new snow yesterday. It reminds me of the icing on the doughnut I ate yesterday. It was so fresh it slid right off the doughnut like a pile of sugary slush.
Oofta! Good thing I was raised in South Dakota! Living somewhere where you have to dig your way out your front door in the mornings seems to prepare you for winters anywhere else! But driving in snow, especially in Hyundai, is always a crap shoot. Luckily for me, I have chains! Unluckily though, I'm not looking forward to the crash course I'll be forced to take in putting them on. Especially since by the time you know you need them, it's pretty sh**ty out there!
I hope I make it, otherwise I'm camping in a rest area for the night, and you know how fun that can be.
~"You know Rest Areas are the bathhouses of the 90s?"- There's Something About Mary.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Christine, take it slowly OK?

Now I'm hungry for a donut. :)

Tulip said...

Thanks Dan! Slow isn't usually in my vocabulary, but in this case, I'll take your very good advice.
BTW--I believe from YOUR last post, you might be hungry for a lot more than just doughnuts:)

Dan said...

Christine, aren't we all hungry for so much more? :)

Invitation! If you are a dreamer, come in, If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer... If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in ! Come in! ~Shel Silverstein